Healthy "Ferrero Rocher"

Menu Atas

Recent Posts

IKLAN RENPONSIF

IKLAN 336x280

Healthy "Ferrero Rocher"

Jumat, 01 November 2013



I am so proud to share this recipe with you all! I hope you like it :) 

Friday nights are fast becoming my most creative evenings in the kitchen- (it helps that I don't have to stress about the next day at work or if my husband is out at the pub with his mates!). Last night I decided to try a recipe to make healthy chocolate in preparation for christmas and 2 evenings with friends I am hosting at my house. 

I have a long love affair with Ferrero Rocher shared with my sister Charlotte. We used to count how many Ferreros in a box each were allowed to eat and we had a tally board in the kitchen to track it! I always get a box at Christmas and Easter... but now I am deeply involved in healthy eating I would like to swap the sugar, palm oil and other nasties for some more healthy and whole ingredients.

I used my heart shaped moulds (bought in France @ La Maison Du Monde) to show how much I love them! 



Ingredients:
For the centre:

  • 1 cup of roasted hazelnuts; 
  • 2 tbsp raw cacao powder;
  • 1 tbsp of 100% maple syrup ( or rice malt syrup);
  • 1 tbsp of coconut oil;

For the chocolate sauce:

  • 1 tsp maple syrup;
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil;
  • 1 tbsp cacao powder;
+ handful of crushed hazelnuts for toppings


 Instructions:

  1. Mix hazelnuts in a food processor until it starts sticking together;
  2. Add cacao powder and mix it well with the hazelnuts;
  3. Add coconut oil and maple syrup and mix some more (with a spoon at that stage not with the food processor)
  4. For the chocolate sauce mix the coconut oil, cacao and maple syrup.
  5. Crush more hazelnuts to use as toppings;
  6. Put the hazelnut paste in your mould ( around 1 teaspoon) add  the chocolate to cover it well and top with a few crushed hazelnuts;
  7. Leave to set in the freezer;
  8. Enjoy straight from the freezer or leave to thaw in the fridge for 1/2- 1 h.