Self Care Tips For New Mums

Menu Atas

Recent Posts

IKLAN RENPONSIF

IKLAN 336x280

Self Care Tips For New Mums

Minggu, 17 April 2016

I am grateful for all the busyness and craziness that comes with being a twin mum but I am glad that 7 months down the track I have managed to keep my sanity and have found time to take care of myself. Self-care, wellness and health are very important for me. I personally believe it is as important to take care of myself as my babies. I don't put myself first but I don't leave myself last either. Nor my husband. The home jobs are last!

I have put a list together of a few little and big tips for self care and keeping your sanity as a new mum!



// Paint your toe nails in your favourite, most special nail polish (I used my wedding one from Dior a few weeks after giving birth- such a treat being able to reach your toes too!)

// Go out on a date with your husband - even just a coffee date. Or have dinner at home with no tv on to really connect again.

// Dress up to stay at home. It makes me feel great once in a while to dress up and put makeup on even though I am only staying home. I feel more put together for the day and it doesn't really matter if at the end of the day I have vomit stains on me!

// Go for walks, by yourself, with the baby and or with friends.

// Read a book. This one has been my saviour. I have been reading a lot since the birth of the twins. While they nap and at night mostly! But I am reading and it relaxes me.

// Go clothes shopping for YOURSELF! Don't wait to reach your pre pregnancy shape. Go and treat yourself to new shoes or pjs or something!

// Go to the hairdresser, get your nails done or get a massage if you can afford it.

// Eat healthy and 3 meals a day minimum.

// Drink a lot of water.

// Catch up with friends. I like meeting with my non-mum friends to talk about other things than babies sometimes.

// Indulge in long hot showers, put on a face mask and shave your legs! I like taking long showers when my husband comes home from work. I take 5-10 minutes to myself after a busy day with twins!

// Practise deep breathing exercises when the baby cries or you are getting tired and cranky.

// Watch a movie with your little one at home or at the cinema. They have mums & bubs sessions often!

// Burn a candle or diffuse some essential oils. (Citrus bliss & lavender are my favourite.)

// Enjoy a nice cup of your favourite tea or go to your local coffee shop for a nice cuppa.

But most importantly DO what feels good to YOU. Be gentle with yourself and remember to be good to yourself.